Acupuncture has its origin from China. It involves the insertions of thin needles into certain locations of the human body. These locations are generally termed as acupuncture points and form the main focus of the acupuncture treatment. The procedure may also involve the application of pressure, heat or laser light at the acupuncture points. The way of practises varies from country to country while the underlying principle remains the same. According to the theory of acupuncture, there are certain patterns of energy flow in the body and these energy flows are important for health. The disease causes the disruption of these energy flows and the acupuncture involves in correcting the imbalance flow of the energy at the identifiable points.
Healing Power of Acupuncture
In the recent times, acupuncture has been grabbing attention from many people around the world. The non-invasive nature of the treatment with fewer side effects has attributed to its popularity. The treatment not only eases the symptoms but also works on the root cause of a problem associated with a disease. The patients who undergo the acupuncture feel a sense of satisfaction and relief. The various ailments like nausea, vomiting have been cured by the techniques of acupuncture. They are widely practised as the therapeutic interventions across the US. The dental pains associated with the post-operations are cured with the adaptation of acupuncture treatments for many people. Some of the situations like addiction, headache, low back pain, stroke rehabilitation, asthma are also addressed by the acupuncture and are shown to produce positive results for many people.
Some of the amazing benefits of acupuncture include the following-
1. It helps in reducing the number of migraines per month with the electro-acupuncture.
2. It cures the seasonal allergies.
3. It improves the mood by regulating the neurotransmitters in the brain.
4. It can enhance the activities of immune cells.
5. It helps in reducing the weight to cure obesity.
6. It helps in maintaining a balance in body temperature.
7. It cures the sleeping problems and cures insomnia.
8. The regular sessions of acupuncture can reduce the stress level and blood pressure, thereby, keeping the heart healthy.
9. It can address issues related to the lower back discomfort.
Possible Side Effects
The needles used in the treatment process of acupuncture are shown to produce accidental punctures in the lungs. This could be serious because it causes partial collapse of the lungs. The infectious side effects include hepatitis and some bacterial infections in the sites of needle insertion. These side effects can be eliminated if the person doing the acupuncture takes proper precautionary steps.
Did you know acupuncture can cure many of the ailments associated with our body! Read on to know more about acupuncture and its effectiveness in maintaining a healthy life.